O2Grow's Nanobubble Aeration Technology
Diffused Aeration (The OLD Way)
Diffused aeration relies on pumping air into water and oxygen becoming trapped in water when the bubbles burst on the surface.
Limitations of Bubblers/ Air Stones
- Normal bubbles cannot raise dissolved oxygen levels above the oxygen levels in the air.
- Normal bubbles often do not raise dissolved oxygen levels in your reservoirs at all!
- Air pumps are costly to run and generate lots of noise.
- Agitation of the body of water can raise its temperature.
Electrolysis - Nanobubble Aeration
Nanobubble aeration works by using electrolysis to split the water molecule into its hydrogen and oxygen atomic elements generating oxygen nanobubbles which are persistent in solution!
- Delivers up to 50% or more dissolved oxygen than a bubbler.
- Economical, low voltage process and
- Does not impact the temperature or pH of the water being oxygenated
O2Grow Nanobubble Cloud
The importance of increasing levels of Dissolved Oxygen
Dissolved oxygen (DO) refers to the amount of oxygen that is contained in solution. The amount of oxygen that can be held by water may be influenced by water temperature, salinity, and pressure.
The concentration of dissolved oxygen in water is expressed in milligrams per liter (mg O2/L), parts per million (ppm), or percentage saturation (%O2). Dissolved oxygen levels are considered most important and commonly employed measurement of water quality as well as ability to sustain plants or aquatic life.
Increased levels of dissolved oxygen in water will noticeably increase plant yields, benefit root growth allowing for nutrients to be more readily absorbed, and significantly reduce root diseases such as Pythium which typically thrive in oxygen-poor (anaerobic) environments.
Patents: 7,396,441 – 7,670,495 – 6,689,262 – 8,157,972
The patented dissolved oxygen generator technology used in these experiments generates extremely high levels of dissolved oxygen in water for surface watering, hydroponic and other applications. This science will be especially helpful with farms with low dissolved oxygen in well water.